The Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade (APBOT) is the voice of Business in Ajax and Pickering. Established in 1955, the members represent an array of business sectors ranging from the service industry to manufacturers and distributors. The group’s advocacy and policy initiatives focus on issues relating to such things as economic development, healthcare, education, transportation issues, community and social development, environment, and energy.
The Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade is a not-for-profit, membership-based association and is not a government agency. In addition to representing the views of the business community of Ajax and Pickering, APBOT is part of a broader provincial and national network of boards of trades and chambers of commerce and, as such, is proud to be an active member of both the Ontario Chamber of Commerce and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce.
The Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade’s activities are directed by a 16-member volunteer council and are executed by a professional staff. Both the staff and the council rely on the dedicated efforts and thoughtful recommendations of our volunteer committees.
By becoming a member of the Board of Trade, businesses enjoy a wide array of membership benefits including:
• monthly networking events;
• an annual Business Expo (trade show);
• educational seminars;
• access to presentations by senior political and business leaders;
• member-to-member discounts;
• a weekly email bulletin;
• print and electronic member directories;
• access to information from the Ontario and Canadian Chambers of Commerce;
• gas discounts;
• access to an exclusive group health benefits plan;
• preferred rates on home and auto insurance;
• and much, much more!