Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade Inducts Christine Ashton for a Second Term as President
Posted 3 years ago on · Permalink
Governing council sworn in during annual reception
AJAX-PICKERING, January 25, 2019 – Christine Ashton, a partner and lawyer for Wilson Vukelich LLP, was officially inducted as president of the Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade (APBOT) during the Inaugural Reception and Volunteer Appreciation Night, held Thursday evening. This will be Ms. Ashton’s second term as president.
Ms. Ashton was sworn in along with members of the Board of Trade’s 2019 Council, who took the oath of office administered by Durham Regional Chair John Henry at the Pickering Recreation Complex.
“I am very proud to be staying on as president of the Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade for a second term,” said Ms. Ashton. “In the year ahead, we will continue to connect and support our members, by offering informative and engaging events. As the voice of business in our communities, we will also continue to work on important advocacy pieces, including on transportation, taxation, employment, and mental health.”
In addition to Ms. Ashton, the following business leaders will be taking a leadership role on council:
- Board Chair Shannon Moore (Chaplin & Burd Chartered Professional Accountants LLP),
- Vice President Tracy Paterson (Ajax-Pickering Hospital Foundation),
- Treasurer Frank Barrese (The Shandex Group),
- Corporate Secretary Jacquelynn Tanner (Sutton Group-Heritage Realty Inc.).
The rest of council is comprised of the following returning and new members:
- Analiese St. Aubin (OPG Pickering Nuclear),
- John McLellan (John McLellan Contracting Inc.),
- Melanie Walls (Veridian Connections Inc.).
- Patrick Doyle (Pat Doyle, powered by Proforma),
- Glen McFarland (UHY McGovern Hurley LLP),
- Adrian Neely (Best Buy Insurance),
- Lisa Patel (Property Princess),
- Alicia Piggott (Habitat for Humanity Durham),
- Gordon Steven (TD Commercial Banking).
The Board of Trade is also pleased to have on Council advisors from both municipalities: Andrew Poray, Senior Business Development & Marketing Coordinator with the Town of Ajax, and Fiaz Jadoon, Manager, Economic Development & Strategic Projects with the City of Pickering.
Following the swearing-in, the Board of Trade presented its first ever President’s Volunteer Appreciation Awards. The following volunteers were honoured for their contributions to the Board of Trade:
- In recognition of contributions to the APBOT Council and the Governance Committee, Linda Flynn (Durham College);
- In recognition of contributions to the APBOT Council, and the Government Relations and Ambassador Committees, Jacquelynn Tanner (Sutton Group-Heritage Realty Inc., Brokerage);
- In recognition of contributions to the APBOT Golf Committee, Ian McCutcheon (SERVPRO of Ajax);
- In recognition of contributions to the APBOT Ambassador Committee, Edward Lam (Retired owner of A1 Automotive Connection); and
- In recognition of contributions to the APBOT Transportation Task Force, Chris Vale (CLH Designs).
As is practice with all of the Board of Trade’s events, and in support of the social infrastructure of our community, donations were collected on behalf of one of our not-for-profit members. Canadian Mental Health Association Durham was the recipient of a $520 donation.
– 30 –
Established in 1955, the Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade (APBOT) is the voice of business in Ajax and Pickering, ON. With more than 600 members, APBOT represents an array of business sectors and small to large organizations. APBOT is part of the nation-wide network of Chambers of Commerce and Boards of Trade, as well as the Joint Chambers of Durham. For more information regarding the Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade, visit: www.apboardoftrade.com.
For more information, please contact:
Samantha Paterson, Communications & Policy Specialist, Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade
T: 905-686-0883 x 229 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org