Government of Canada Releases 2019 Budget
Posted 3 years ago on · Permalink
OTTAWA, March 20, 2019 – On March 19, the Government of Canada released their 2019 Federal Budget.
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce (CCC) has shared their view, that while the Budget did deliver on some of the specific policy proposals outlined in their Pre-Budget Submission and policy resolutions, they remain concerned over a number of issues, which they feel have not been addressed. These issues include:
- A commitment to a comprehensive review of the taxation system to make it fair and less cumbersome for businesses.
- A broad-based commitment to reduce the regulatory burden on businesses.
- A renewed commitment to eliminating inter-provincial trade barriers and mobility.
- Support for SMEs to help them find new export opportunities and expand Canada’s ability to diversify its trade.
- A clear strategy to move the Trans Mountain pipeline forward, given the significant investment made by Canadian taxpayers.
You can read the CCC’s full statement here.
The Ontario Chamber of Commerce meanwhile, has released their own summary of the key highlights from the perspective of Ontario’s business community. You can find their Rapid Police Update here.
The Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade will continue to work with the Federal and all levels of government to ensure the voice of the business community is heard, in order to build a more prosperous Canada where all Canadians have the opportunity to succeed.