Members’ Code of Conduct
The Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade is a non-partisan, non-sectional and non-sectarian organization governed by the Boards of Trade Act. As a Corporate/Individual member of the Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade, I/we recognize that membership is a privilege and that a membership brings with it the responsibility to assure that all members also understand and commit to the following conduct:
I/we recognize that membership is a privilege.
Accordingly, I/we shall undertake to:
- Conduct business and professional activities in a reputable manner so as to reflect honourably upon the Ajax-Pickering business community and fellow Board members.
- Abide by the Bylaws of the Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade
- Respect the reputation, profile and status of the Board of Trade and represent the Board accordingly.
- Understand, support and promote the Board of Trade to the business community.
- Where possible, participate in the functions and activities of the Board of Trade and lend my/our business and professional expertise.
- Provide honest, skilled and conscientious service to my/our customers.
- Present a true presentation in all advertising. Goods and services shall be advertised in accordance with all Municipal, Provincial and Federal legislation.
- Conform to all laws established by Municipal, Provincial and Federal governments for the control of said business, where applicable.
Accepting this standard as the Member’s own, every Member pledges to observe the spirit of the code in all dealings and to conduct business in accordance with the Board By-Laws. Failure to do so may result in the termination of membership.